February 26, 2013
Next week is a very exciting week in Holy Family. We are having Literacy Week and the following is a list of some of the interesting and fun activities for the week:
- Children in Junior and Senior Infants will do shared reading with parents.
- Irish Award Winning Author Benji Bennett will visit the school on Wednesday, March 6th. He will read stories, answer questions and sign books for the children from Junior Infants – 2nd Class.
- Handwriting competition in classes.
- Drama in classroom – children acting out favourite scene from a book.
- Book Exchange Day – children swap a book they have finished, with another child.
- World Book Day (Thursday 7th March) – World Book Day vouchers will be used to buy class sets of books.
- Senior classes will create mini books for Infant classes.
- Dressing up as favourite character from a book - Friday 8th March.
October 2, 2012
It is school policy that nuts or crisps of any description are not allowed in school. There are many reasons for this but the main reason is that there are a number of children throughout the school who are allergic to nuts/crisps and if they come in contact with these they are prone to a life threatening anaphylactic shock. Whether those children are in your child’s class or not is irrelevant because children mingle with each other throughout the day in classrooms and in yard.
Any breaching of this rule will be treated as a gross misbehaviour.